Scientific innovation and technological advancement drive today’s rapidly progressing global economy.For organizations and individuals that develop and invest in new products, services, and innovations, strategic business and corporate counsel are as important as strategic intellectual property counsel.
At JMIN, we help entrepreneurs, public and privately held companies, investors, technology transfer offices, and research institutions navigate the legal complexities of forming and investing in new companies, forming and managing new funds, and partnering with a host of strategic partners. We have unique expertise with startups and venture capital clients, assisting them with their corporate legal needs. It’s part of being Fundamentally IP.
From everyday business to once-in-a-lifecycle decisions, we advise clients on a wide range of matters, including:
- Entity selection
- Business formation
- Corporate governance and compliance
- Contract drafting and negotiation
- Regulatory compliance
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Divestitures and spinoffs
- Asset purchases and sales
- Corporate restructuring, reorganization, and recapitalization
- Management and leveraged buyouts
- Stock purchase agreements
- Convertible debt agreements
- Going-private transactions
- Initial public offerings
- Private placements and securities offerings
- VC and PE fund formation and management
JMIN’s experienced professionals closely collaborate with cutting-edge companies, market leaders, and other clients to understand their unique challenges. We create practical, executable solutions to help them achieve their short-term objectives and long-term business goals.